Paleo Coconut & Chia Protein Biscuits
This is a delicious recipe for protein biscuits using our natural plant blend, from the incredible Kirin Tipping (aka: Kiki ‘the Lamington lady’). Check her out @lusciouskikis
One of the big mistakes that “protein people” make is having their entire serve of protein in one hit! I am told it is much better to snack it out over the entire day.
These Paleo Coconut & Chia Cookies are protein packed & made with green banana flour & tigernut flour, coconut oil & coconut sugar.
Not only are they tasty, they are a twist on the good old Anzac Biscuit & perfect for snacking!
YEILD: 22 Biscuits at 30grm each
160grm Tigernut flour (can substitute with almond meal)
40grm Green Banana flour
½ tspn Bi-carb soda
1tsp tspn Cinnamon
¼ tspn Nutmeg
2 tblspn Pure Blends Natural Protein Powder
1 tblspn Chia seeds
125ml Cold pressed Coconut oil
160grm Coconut sugar
1 tspn Vanilla
63grm Long thread coconut
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (c0nventional)160 degrees (fan forced) &
prepare 3 baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, sift together the tigernut & banana flours, bi-carb, salt, cinnamon,
nutmeg & Pure Blends Protein Powder. Add the chia seeds.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine coconut sugar & coconut oil with
4. Add egg.
5. Add dry ingredients & fold through.
6. Roll into 30grm balls & flatten slightly on the trays for baking.
7. Bake for 14-16minutes.
8. Allow to cool on trays.